Adventure Tourist - the genesis

The dictionary meaning of adventure is as follows

ad·ven·ture [ad-ven-cher] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -tured, -tur·ing. –noun
1.an exciting or very unusual experience.
2.participation in exciting undertakings or enterprises: the spirit of adventure.
3.a bold, usually risky undertaking; hazardous action of uncertain outcome.
4.a commercial or financial speculation of any kind; venture.
5.Obsolete.
a.peril; danger; risk.
b.chance; fortune; luck.
–verb (used with object)
6.to risk or hazard.
7.to take the chance of; dare.
8.to venture to say or utter: to adventure an opinion.
–verb (used without object)
9.to take the risk involved.
10.to venture; hazard.


This blog is aimed at recording my experiences with myself in continuously setting new standards for myself in all the activities that I undertake.

It is pertinent to mention at this stage that I am a kidney patient and I take dialysis twice a week. Most patients in this state are extremely debilitated and have no strength emotionally as well as physically to continue with normal routine. In this situation, I am attempting to make life as colourful as possible and setting new standards for myself............only for them to be reset again and again.

Tourist : The dictionary meaning of tourist is given as below

tour·ist [toor-ist] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun
1.a person who is traveling, esp. for pleasure.
2.tourist class.
–adverb
3.in tourist-class accommodations, or by tourist-class conveyance: to travel tourist.

Someone who goes through the journey for pleasure. Yes pleasure it is that I am seeking. Finally all that we seek is either pleasure or something related to it. I get that sense of achievement when I attain goals that most normal humans cannot even dream of achieving and I am at least provoked to think in that direction.

In that sense this blog is an attempt to document the attempts that are being done to achieve goals that most humans dither to aim for.

I plan to write about all my activities which help me learn from every person I meet and also share with you aspects of their personalities which have influenced me as well as made a difference in my thinking.

Also incidents and their dispassionate analysis and the learning that can be derived from them would form a part of this adventure.

More in the next post !!!

Comments

Popular Posts