Joy of Doing

Post Karnala, I continued my routine life. We had plans for a trek to Harishchandragad for the long weekend coinciding with holi. I was so excited. This was my dream trek. When I started trekking again this was one trek that I really wanted to do.

I was so excited that the date was nearing.

After Karnala my foot started hurting. In fact when I started for the trek from home, the area around the ankle was painful. But I went for the trek. I was excited that there were so many first timers trekking with us.

The pain if any recedes in a day or two. However this time it started aggravating. The pain was so intense that I found it difficult to walk.

Finally around 10 days later I visited the doctor. He suggested I take an X ray and meet an orthopedic doctor. Which I did. I wanted to get this out of the way before Harishchandragad trek.

The ortho had some bad news for me. He could see a hairline fracture in my ankle area and advised me to wear supports for the ankle and no trekking for 3-4 weeks.

We were planning Bhupatgad on Valentine day. And I had great valentine day plans for the trek.

It was not to be. I had to be at home. Maybe I might even have to drop out of Harishchandragad trek.

Well I accepted the situation. I did all the planning for Bhupatgad knowing very well that I would not be able to go. I also planned everything for Harishchandragad expecting that my foot injury would heal by then.

So what if I could not join the trek. I could plan and organise it. That also gave me so much joy.

Joy is not just in doing something that you love doing. Joy can be derived even from organising your favourite things so that others can love it.

Comments

Ashutosh said…
Joy can also be derived by sharing your experiences and giving guidance to novice trekkers like me. Which you did just before we were heading for Harishchandgad :)

Looking forward to meet on the next trek.

-Ashutosh

Popular Posts