V Hikerz

I have been trekking for around 18 years now. I have trekked with various friends. In fact wherever I went a trekking group got formed. I have been that passionate about treks.

I always dreamt of having my own group. We always had an informal thing going. We used to call ourselves Mumbai Weekend Trekkers. But it never took the form of a proper group that organises treks etc.

When the group had been to Naneghat (I missed this one) and returned one of the regulars Varun mentioned to me that we could start a formal group. This was something that I was also thinking about. I felt that if we were doing so we should go the whole hog and this would mean designing a logo as well as think of a nice name.

We decided to start off with the naming process. We circulated some names between the regulars and had a poll. The poll threw up a couple of names one of which was continuation of the current name albeit now called Vkend Trekkerz. However, somehow somewhere it wasnt right. We needed something catchy.

Shantanu felt that the current name described us most accurately. We were weekend trekkers from Mumbai. But we needed a shorter name.

All of us agreed. So we chose V Trekkerz. However I felt that what we do is more of hikes as we go uphill.

V Hikerz was born

Comments

Popular Posts