First Street Walk in Mumbai Post Transplant


I had my kidney transplant in June 2019. Its a bit more than 2 years now.

I was in quarantine for around 6 months. Thereafter Corona took over and the quarantine continued. As an outdoors person, I was tempted to go out for a couple of road trips and one with my parents. I will write about them in subsequent posts.

But as a Mumbaikar, I had not walked on the streets of Mumbai. The experience was something that I was missing and looking forward to.

Yesterday, I got that opportunity. 

My phone handset was giving some issues and had some bug. I wanted to get it rectified. I tried calling the helpdesk number of the handset manufacturer but their instructions didnt rectify the problem. I had to visit their official service center in Fort Area.

I drove down to the area and parked my car in a location where normally the walking distance would be 2 minutes. It was just on the other side of the footpath.

But I realised that it had become quite a walk. I had to walk around 15 to 20 minutes and take a virtual circumference to reach this place. This is due to the roadblocks necessited by the Metro Construction.

But I really enjoyed the walk. It was nice to relive memories of having walked through old heritage buildings in Fort Area. 

It was drizzling and I hadnt carried an umbrella. It was enjoyable to walk in the ever so slight rains cooling my body as it was getting warmed up by the walk. I walked a bit briskly as well.

I was enjoying so much that I missed out clicking pics of the place. But the real experience was unbeatable

Nostalgia combined with the thrill of getting to walk on the streets of Mumbai after 2+ years 

The return journey by car was also awesome. I was waiting at a signal and I loved the sight of the sunset happening across the sea at Marine Drive. It suddenly struck me that I have not done any photography for the special occasion and I barely got time to pick up my mobile, click a photo of the spectacular sunset before the signal opened up




Sometimes, we end up getting a great result when we least expect it.

Just like life. There was a time when I had almost consigned myself to a full life on dialysis. But then life had other plans

Thank you Life



 

Comments

Popular Posts