Season of Spiritual Practice

The duration of 2 months starting from Guru Purnima (Full moon of Ashaadh month in Hindu calendar) is supposed to be the period for rejuvenation in nature

The fishes reproduce. Abundant rains by now are seeing a resurgence in the green cover. For humans too it is termed as chaturmas. The significance of Guru Purnima is that its time to rigorously practice instructions from our spiritual masters

For the last four years, I have had the blessings of the almighty to practice a certain set of rules more strictly

I do follow this to a certain extent normally but its more intense during this period

Firstly and most tough to follow is abstinence from tea/coffee etc as they are stimulants

Secondly meditation I have been doing twice daily instead of once which I follow normally. This is very difficult to follow

If I have to meditate twice then I have to do the first session early morning and second one just before dinner

So on the nights that I have dialysis I finish by 2 and then I return by 2.30 pm

I used to stay awake till 3.30 to complete the first set of meditation at around 3.45 am itself

Also sometimes returning late after meetings meant that I had to sit for meditation as late as 9.30 pm which meant late dinner and resultant acidity issues.

In addition I used to do Devi Anushthan once in a while.

Every year towards the end of 2 months I would listen to my inner self whether to extend this to 4 months or relax the rules after 2 months itself.

By the end of this period I used to feel so relaxed and at ease with myself, its unbelievable.

This year I am going through more stress and I have made a sankalpa to have more rigorous practice.

In addition to the above I plan to practice Yoga as well as do Devi Anushthan at least once a week and regular chanting

Though I dont want to expect specific gains at the end of this period, I am sure the experience itself might help me unravel more aspects of my own self

I know its going to be very difficult.

But what the hell Ill give it my best shot

As they say Fortune Favours the Brave





Comments

Popular Posts