Back To Blogging - Post Transplant

 So after hanging in there for a long long time, I did make it to the surgeons knife 

My mother donated her kidney to me at age 70 which was itself an achievement. She had to undergo several tests to check her fitness and she passed all with flying colours

I got my surgery on 27th June 2019. It was a wait for 17 long years. I somehow am not someone who can give up. I really gave it my all. 

I worked on my career. I restarted in 2006 in a totally new field of Digital Marketing and grew to head operations of an European digital agency in India and then 2014 onwards I have been consulting corporates for Digital Marketing Strategy

Along with this I pursued my passions of hiking and photography. I founded V Hikerz which is now one of the more active hiking groups operating from Mumbai.

I reignited the photography bug and I am proud of some clicks though I have not submitted my work for awards. Not yet

There were times when I felt it was all over. I still remember once when my BP was so low during dialysis that the sister thought I was off.

There was one time when I went breathless during dialysis and I was literally gasping and requested the technicians to stop the dialysis one and a half hour into the process.

Somehow I survived to see this day.

These long years on dialysis were very tough. But yes, they made me tougher.

Every cloud does have a silver lining

Comments

Popular Posts