Fighting Covid with Transplant - The Healing Process

My mother was the first to show symptoms on sunday. Then I had high fever the next day. My father was asymptomatic all through.

Mom's fever subsided by Wednesday. I was getting fever on and off for a week

That had me worried. But I was taking the antiviral drug and all the Drs instructions very religiously.

Meanwhile our steam inhalation machine went bad and we had to order a new one.

Once mom's fever came down, the D Dimer readings went really high. So we had to give her injections of a blood thinner.

Well no one knew how to do it so I learnt with verbal guidance from my Dr and youtube videos. It felt good that with my own fever and other issues I could give injections.

Low Grade fever was recurring and there was no pattern to the recurrence

However, we were somehow managing. Luckily we didnt need to organise the food

Only the house cleaning part was a bit tough to manage

This continued till the sunday and then I felt a bit of heaviness in my chest. I could feel the weight in the breathing. Also the high fever came back which left me a bit worried

This was Day 7 so I called up my doctor.

In all this my SPO2 was at healthy levels of 95+ always which was the saving grace.

But the heaviness in the chest was disturbing. 

A video call with on sunday was very heartening (yes my doctor even worked on sunday). He said i dont look so bad but we could consider doing a CT Scan to find out the extent of infection in the lungs

He suggested we wait for a day and do it on tuesday if needed

I had heard of scary stories of the HRCT going wrong and this was weighing heavily on my mind

But then in most cases in life we need to take things in our stride and maybe even take the bull by the horns. Fortunately I had a super doctor treating me

Continued Here



Comments

Popular Posts