Fighting Covid with Renal Transplant - Initial Symptoms

 It was almost two years since my transplant. I wanted to get into shape so had joined sports rehabilitation at Reliance Foundation Hospital but Covid struck and I discontinued

Home Workouts were difficult and commitment levels were also wanting so I ended up putting on lot of weight

However, couple of things that I religiously followed were Steam Inhalation and Salt Water Gargles. This was to ward off Covid. It was very important as a transplant needed immunosuppression and made me the most vulnerable category to get infected

But the second wave was very powerful. The first one was about number of people who were affected. The second one was closer home. It was about names of people who were affected.

And it didnt take time for it to reach home.

My mother first developed fever. It was a sunday. Testing facilities on sundays were limited and we got a lab to come over on monday to do the testing. 

Since I am immunosuppressed and our home is also not very big, I felt it was a good idea for all three of us at home to get tested. We called up our domestic help and cook and requested them to stop coming for a few days

This was before the test report came as positive as we were more or less sure that one of us would test positive.

Our society was very cooperative and they have a systematic procedure of communicating with everyone 

On monday the lab technician came for collecting the blood samples and by then I was also feeling very weak.

I was not sure whether the fatigue was on account of the sweeping and mopping I had done that morning but anyways I was giving my blood sample for the test

Now it was time for the long excruciating wait for the test reports to come in

Sometimes its not the extent of time but the critical nature of what we are waiting that creates stress

Continued Here




Comments

Popular Posts