Bhadra & Mulyanagiri

We had booked a 4x4 Bolero for the day.But it was insufficient for 8 of us. So we decided to take ananths Honda WRV as well

We had a sumptious breakfast at Hoovi. We were planning to leave at 9 but actually left much later. The bolero driver took us by an infrequented route to a place where we stopped for some nature viewing.

Till this time Ananth drove and then I took over. We were on our way to Mulyanagiri. We were four of us in the car. Ananth moved to the jeep and I was driving.

Uncle was in the leading car and he was the monitor. He stopped the leading jeep to ensure that the rest of us caught up

The route up to mulyanagiri was very narrow with the deep valley on one side and the rock face on the other. The width was just enough for one vehicle to cross. There were times when we had to stop and pass each other by a whisker. Even if we whispered the people in the opposite direction vehicle would have heard. So maybe whisper would have been a more accurate term to use here

Finally after many efforts and tough driving conditions we reached the top. The other vehicle had gone further and we stopped at a stage from where there were landslides and it was not possible to take our vehicle any higher

I took a couple of nice clicks here while waiting for the rest to return. Because of the traffic and the narrow road we took much longer than expected. So we decided to go to Bhadra and end the day. On the way, Ananth had a close shave with 3 idiots on a bike

We reached just in time for the afternoon safari and went for it

We didnt get to see the famed Tiger but saw some pugmarks and some deer as well

This was my real tryst with the wild fauna and was a great experience.


We got back to Hoovi and in Malalndur we called Umesh to check whether we needed to pick something from the market. He suggested we should check out the sunset at shooting point and it was just 2 km away.











We got back to Hoovi and since it wasnt raining we decided for a campfire



Vinod was the guy who was able to speak hindi since he had lived in Mumbai for few years. He was the unassuming guy but you tend to immediately feel comfortable with. During the campfire I shared a joke about the experiment on a frog that Purna had conducted

I had submitted my photography for the Nephro Plus Talent Contest for dialysis patients. I requested Ananth to videograph a song on his mobile. He kindly did the needful. But the submission was not going through and it was the last date.

Incidentally Ananth read somewhere that the last date for submission was extended and I heaved a sigh of relief



I really wanted to also share my singing talent though the photography had also come out well

After dinner most of us slept as we had to start early the next day

Purnanand, Vinod and myself sat in the dining area chatting with Umesh our host and I got to singing again

One Hemant Kumar Song that I love came to my lips and I felt very satisfied after singing it. I somehow felt that this could be a better submission. I sang it again and requested the ever helpful Vinod to record it.

Purnanand as usual was his encouraging self

We slept off, thought I was not able to sleep well. I was awake almost the whole night due to a bout of extreme acidity

But it was great to relive the moments of the whole day and the look forward to the Halebeedu temple the next day




Comments

Popular Posts