Chennakeshava Temple - Belur

When I was a kid my mother had told me a lot about Belur and Halebeedu and I always had a desire to visit these places. When we decided to go to Chikmagalur I never knew or imagined that these places were on the route

I had a bad accident in March 2016 due to which I had elbow injuries which were not healing. I didnt have strength to hold a camera and my love of photography had taken a back seat.

Now the arms are better but my bone pain is terrible and I didnt know whether my knees would be able to take the pressure of the heavy camera and lens. But one day prior the trip Purna called me and coaxed me to carry my camera. I had agreed. Even while leaving from home I was in two minds but I forced myself to pick up my camera

At the temple, we started with a cucumber from a street side stall. It was such a godsend after driving in the heat without ac. Sometimes natural foods really end up refreshing us but for kidney patients anything that is nutritious needs to be avoided, which is unfortunate

The temple was a masterpiece. The carvings on the walls were beyond belief. Once we got there we realised that the temple was functional and there was worship happening. We went inside and on payment of ₹30 we were allowed to photograph inside the temple.



My camera is a dslr and its funny that I could not do photography inside as the techniques for low light photography with dslr are different. But our friends who had mobile cameras got great clicks inside the temple. I took a whole circumference of the temple and clicked some spectacular images on the outside walls of the temple



It was very satisfying to click the photographs after so long. Photography is and will remain a passion for me and I realised how complete I felt after having the camera in my arms

It was like a part of me was restored back to me

Comments

Popular Posts