Halebeedu and Return Trip

We were actually planning to leave at 5:30 am since we wanted to finish Halebeedu and the Chennai team had to reach by 5 pm

But as usual the time stretched and we were able to leave only by 7:30

We reached Halebeedu by around 8.30 


I was enthused by the clicks that I had got at Belur and so took my camera again. My knees were really hurting after the exersions of the last 2 days plus the night without much sleep. But I didnt want to let go the opportunity of clicking

There were huge steps leading to the temple. I felt dissuaded to climb the same as my knee was really bad, but everyone encouraged me and I went up with a lot of effort. I could not mix with the rest of the group as I got engrossed with my photography. It was a surreal experience of doing photography of such a spectacular monument

When we finished I realised that my knees had all but given way

I walked with excruciating pain and somehow made my way to the gate. We requested uncle to get the car to the gate. And I got into it

We started on our way to Bengaluru.

On the way, we decided to stop for breakfast on the Hasana bypass. But breakfast was a long way off

The tyre of the WagonR burst and luckily the other car was following us stopped and we replaced the tyre. Vinod was always the quiet guy but most active and very cool. His efforts actually ensured that the tyres got replaced in record time and we could have our well deserved breakfast



We stopped at A2B on the way for a sumptuous breakfast and strong coffee and dispersed. The other car made its way to Chennai and we were moving towards Bengaluru

Since we were likely to make it by around 2 and my return flight was much later I called up my aunty and invited myself

On the way I drove. Purnanand was sitting next to me. We really hit it off well. There were a lot of things that he confided in me and I felt great to know the person I had first met a few years ago in Mumbai.

I take a lot of time to trust anyone leave alone confide but I felt so comfortable with Purnanand that I shared very close secrets that were troubling me currently. I really felt nice and lighter after connecting with Purnanand.

Uncle was a great help too. He was much older than all of us, but his spirit was commendable. Just imagine when we first got introduced he was Babu Rao Sir to all of us. When we dispersed all of us started addressing him as uncle.This was the sense of belongingness that we felt towards him

He lived in another corner of Bangalore but he dropped me right inside the gate of my aunts residence and waited for me to reach the flat before starting his onward journey to his home

Over the last 2 days I had connected with 7 different unique human beings

Thats the beauty of being a Tourist


Comments

Popular Posts