Onward Journey - Chikmagalur

I had dialysis scheduled for late night. I told the guys to give me zero potassium as I would be travelling and might end up going easy on the prescribed diet

I finished at 1:15 but then India Bangladesh Asia Cup final was happening and I stayed back in hospital till it got over. Finally I got to sleep at around 2.30 am

My flight was at around 8.45 am and I had to reach the airport by 7am Along with my meditation schedules etc I woke up at 5 and left by 630am

The flight was smooth and I landed in Bengaluru by around 10.30. Purna and Babu Rao uncle were waiting outside the airport and they came in to pick me up.

It was a WagonR and I sat in the back seat. We were to go to Nellamangala where the Chennai car would meet us and then we would go together to Belur onward to Chikmagalur

I relaxed for a while and it was great to meet the other part of the group at Nellamangala. I was meeting everyone first time really. Most of us had bumped into each other at the Book Launch in Chennai but really got to bond with each other for the first time

We decided to start moving towards Hasana and I took the wheel. The car was in a bit of a scary condition to drive. There was a creaky sound while driving but then the trip was on.

As usual I drove at my regular speed. The road was fabulous and the other chennai car was following us. The ac was not working in our car and it was getting hot. I didnt notice the speed till we stopped for lunch at a Kamats restaurant. The highlight of the meal was the Buns Roti that is a typical Manglorean delicacy that most of us relished



Kishore pointed to me that I might have been driving at almost 140+kmph and I felt it was better to slow down as the car was not in very good condition

We decided to take the next halt directly at Belur and both cars followed each other to the temple. A couple of times we had to stop to take directions and the remaining was done by Google maps



Comments

Popular Posts